Ad Blocker Detected
Our website is made possible by displaying online advertisements to our visitors. Please consider supporting us by disabling your ad blocker.
Delight friends amongst an afternoon tea that includes this dairy-free carrot cake. You tin bake the cake, freeze it together with only drizzle over the icing on the day
- 175g low-cal muscovado sugar
- 175ml sunflower oil
- 3 large eggs, lightly beaten
- 140g grated carrot
- (about three medium)
- 100g raisins
- grated zest of i large orange
- 175g self-raising flour
- 1 tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 1 tsp dry soil cinnamon
- ½ tsp grated nutmeg
- (freshly grated volition laissez passer on you lot the best flavour)
- For the frosting
- 175g icing sugar
- 1½-2 tbsp orangish juice
read likewise recipes : Raspberry Pretzel Salad
- Heat the oven to 180C/fan160C/gas 4. Oil together with trouble the base of operations together with sides of an 18cm foursquare cake tin amongst baking parchment.
- Tip the sugar, crude oil together with eggs into a large mixing bowl. Lightly mix amongst a wooden spoon. Stir inwards the grated carrots, raisins together with orangish rind.
- Sift the flour, bicarbonate of soda together with spices into the bowl. Mix everything together, the mixture volition endure soft together with almost runny.
- Pour the mixture into the prepared tin together with bake for 40-45 minutes or until it feels theater together with springy when you lot press it inwards the centre. Cool inwards the tin for v minutes, thence plough it out, pare off the newspaper together with cool on a wire rack. (You tin freeze the cake at this betoken if you lot desire to serve it at a after date.)
- Beat the frosting ingredients inwards a small-scale bowl until smoothen – you lot desire the icing close every bit runny every bit unmarried cream. Put the cake on a serving plate together with boldly drizzle the icing dorsum together with forth inwards diagonal lines over the top, letting it drip downwards the sides.